Search This Blog

Monday, October 15, 2018

Eight weeks ...

grief

it's a rollercoaster, and having experienced it before doesn't make it any easier

when you only have a short time together, every minute, hour, day and week matters

today, tonight, is the eight week anniversary of the last night I saw my love alive, the night I went to sleep with my head resting on his chest and woke to him gone, and all that entailed

it is also the eight week anniversary, prior to that, of the first time I fell asleep listening to his heartbeat, and woke surprised and stunned that I had met him

because we had such a short time together, the reaction of others to my grief is amplified, as they expect me to "get over it" or assume my pain doesn't matter, because they knew him longer

his UK family has been incredibly kind, and understanding

others, less so, but we also process our grief in different ways, and I need to honour my love by honouring others' passage through this

he would expect me to be better than I often feel as I go through this

No comments:

Post a Comment