Search This Blog

Monday, September 17, 2018

an indifferent God

another trigger warning, another in "Essays on Grief"

I have a friend from Aoteara/New Zealand who was a Buddhist monk for nigh on 30 years,

Then left.

Not because he had lost faith in a supreme being, but because he had come to believe that supreme being was indifferent to the fate of humans.

Personally, I wonder if whatever god or gods there are get bored with their omnipotence and omniscience, and just mess around with us to relieve that boredom.

So I guess I'm at the phase at railing at god (or God, if we allow upper case) but that's hard to do when I don't really believe.

I kinda want to hedge my bets, and ask a putative god to look after my love, but that seems false and manipulative.

I'm not sure that is a god/God I wish to believe in.




No comments:

Post a Comment