Search This Blog

Sunday, October 27, 2019

precious scars ...

the Japanese have an artistic technique called kintsugi, in which broken ceramics are pieced back together with seams that include precious metals, mostly gold

the result is a work of art that draws from the original but transforms to a new and unique piece

I have realised recently that the technique applies equally to people, ourselves uniquely flawed works of art, and that the precious metal that creates our golden seams is sprinkled by our friends

I am privileged to have truly special friends in my life who have been the gold that helps heal my breaks and embrace the damage life bestows

as the moon reflects the sun's radiance, my golden seams are a reflection of the luminescent love those friends provide me

I thank you all

No comments:

Post a Comment