Search This Blog

Friday, July 7, 2017

le sigh . . .



I was sorta scolded yesterday for the lack of original copy here

Sorry Dear Reader, I had nothing much to say

"Woke up, ate, walked, went to gym, watched tv, went to bed."

Rinse and repeat

There's a whole 20-30 years away disconnect that leaves me agog at times, and a need to accept that the country and culture has changed, not just me

It's not a criticism, but it can be hard to say without it feeling that way

Then I got a job, because living on a sofa watching tv doesn't work for me, and I've been in full immersion since then, and it's hard. I didn't really belong when I grew up here, so coming back after so long is even harder

BUT, and there's always a but with me, this is my home, I am tangata whenua, this is where I belong. I'm stubborn enough to stay here until I feel that in my bones, in my marrow, in my wairua

I need to write more, I have lots to write and lots of notes, but this weekend is mapped out for a more important plan

Jeff - criticize all you want. I understand it's not an attack but a questioning and it would be extremely hypocritical of me to not welcome questions. Hugs and pats to the girls


No comments:

Post a Comment