Search This Blog

Sunday, July 31, 2011

A Fond Farewell

To top off the Great American Adventure and my exploration of things Americana (thanks for that Victor), I got a personal patdown by TSA on my way out of Chicago. They didn't even take me for dinner first!

I assume there has been a good deal of sensitivity training since the new rules and the subsequent complaints first came into play, or maybe I just got a sensitive new-age TSA-er. She explained what she would do before she did it (I've had worse dates) and offered to take me to a private room if I'd be more comfortable with that (see previous date comment). Because I was wearing a skirt (yes, I do own one or two), the patdown was "friendlier" than it might have been otherwise, she explained.

The perfect send-off!

No comments:

Post a Comment